pickled cabbage. It is great to reduce hangover after pizza party and
helps to restore and mantain a good germs or microflora in your
belly: preparing it for next pizza party.
It is super easy to make and the only bummer is that it takes a few
days, while disapears very fast: so start a new batch when you unload
first to the refrigirator.
I started to make pikles again after huge inspiration I got from
pickling bible: Wild Fermentation - absolutely FANTASTIC book ( just get it if you like pickles ! )
Here is how I make it:
1. Wash and cut a nice juice cabbage
2. Shred some carrot
3. Sprinkle with salt( one without iod is best for pickles)
4. Use you hands to squise and mix it all in a bowl.
5. Staff it in some glass container
6. Put some plate on top and weight it so it will squise juice
7. Press on weight once in a while to add presure: juice should apper
and cover top
8. Cover it with some light towel.
9. In a few days it is ready: transfer it to some glass container and
put to frizer and enjoy: use you taste to find out when it is soure
1) you can put some cabbage from previose batch on top: to introduce
the calture and make fermentation faster
2) add garlic one paprika if you like kimchi
3) other Vegies and even apple can be added
4) if cabbage will not produce juice after a day it is not good, but
try to add water with salt
5) use as much salt as you like but not much